Wed, May 18|
FORE Equity + Inclusion Committee Meeting
The FORE Equity + Inclusion Committee meets once a month. Click Learn More for Zoom link.
Time & Location
May 18, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
About the Event
Please join us tonight on Zoom for our final Equity & Inclusion Committee meeting of this school year.
We will have open time to discuss advocacy and, to use the language of my first grader, “We learned how to be an ‘upstander’ instead of a ‘bystander.’” What does it mean to be an ‘upstander’ when we witness, are aware of, or are made aware of inequities and injustices at our child(ren)’s school? We’ll begin promptly at 6p and end promptly at 7p. I look forward to meeting with you all tonight! Join Zoom Meeting https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82739967796?pwd=VUJ3TzlJWHpGM2dJaTNUQjhJQlV0UT09 Meeting ID: 827 3996 7796 Passcode: 914838
Always a work in progress, the goal of this committee is to make sure that voices are being heard from all of Roxhill's diverse communities and identity groups and that families' needs are being met in a culturally responsive manner.
The FORE Equity + Inclusion Committee meets once a month. If you are interested in attending a meeting or joining the committee, please send us a Facebook message or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom info. Interpretation can be provided upon request.
Equity & Committee Goals:
1. Create equal access to information/resources for the whole Roxhill community.
2. Create a FoRE group and leadership that is reflective of the Roxhill community (e.g. demographics, ability etc.)
3. Advocate for Roxhill to receive additional needed resources to continue building a thriving community. (e.g. grant funding for areas of need as identified by Roxhill staff)
4. Create community and resources for families receiving Special Education and/or are curious about Special Education services to support their students.
5. Create opportunities for families to connect with each other during virtual coffee hours and language affinity groups.